3.6.08

Dev Blog 6-3-08

Platformer
(Haven't decided on a title yet.)

Presently I'm working on a platformer. I went ahead and spent a hundred bucks on the Torque Game Builder, so far it's looking like money well spent. TGB comes with a nice set of basic tools that have allowed me to get the basics up pretty fast, also the scripting language is based on C# syntax so I've found it rather intuitive so far.

I knew before I began that I was going to be using 2d art. 3d is great for certain things, but I just don't have the time and money to make a something in 3d that looks good and moves fluidly. The major sticking point of pixel art though is that you have to draw every frame yourself, so for now I'm focusing on trying to build a unified style.

The main character has been slowly evolving.







Some shots of the game I have running at the moment.





Anyways, the script isn't coming along as fast as I want. Still I do have a general direction for it to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment